About 1954, Calvary M.B. Church began as “Magee Missionary Baptist Church”. The church was located in downtown Magee, MS on Main Street in the old Health Department building.
In 1959, the church moved into a different direction and formed a new congregation. The members held service in “The Long Barn” located in the Goodwater Community. Services were help at this location until a more suitable building was built.
Plans were soon formulated for a new building to accommodate a growing congregation. The building was built from a torn down school on a dirt path now know as Johnson Drive NE.